Saturday, January 12, 2008

New Year New Art

I have always loved painting and I usually have some great ideas but never have the time to pursue them. Well I finally had a little extra time over the holidays and came up with this little piece.



This piece was done on 4 wood blocks measuring 3.5" x 3.5" each. They were painted with acrylic paint then sanded and scored. The bottom right hand block features birds sitting on wires connected to a telephone pole. The wires were created with hemp rope and then painted.



The name of this painting is called "At Dusk". It is the first of a series that I am starting about the unexpected connections life brings us. I myself have made many connections to new people here on the internet. These new friends have meant the world to me! So it is to them that I dedicate this first piece.



If you would like to purchase this I will be placing it in my Etsy Shop later this week. I am always up for custom orders too, just contact me anytime. Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Kirsten said...

Oh my, this is really wonderful. You were keeping this side of you hidden in 2007.

Kirsten said...

Are you on flickr yet?

ArtfulStory said...

Thanks! I am not on Flickr yet but I am hoping to be by the end of the week...