Friday, January 4, 2008

If I didn't have BAD LUCK....

Most of you know the saying "If I didn't have bad luck I would have none at all". Well this is how I feel right now. Let me tell you a little about what has been going on in my life.

Back in June, I lost my job. No big deal, now I get to stay home with my son, start my own business things will be great! July 4th weekend my mom gets a call that my Grandma (who I haven't seen in over 15 years!) has had several strokes and it doesn't look like she will make it, come now. So my mom, me and my 4 month old son hop in a car to see my Grandma, who has never really showed an interest in me or anyone on my mom's side of the family, down in Florida. By the time we make it down there she has stablized and it looks like she may make it! So my mom goes into see her and she is somewhat talking and the first thing she says is where's the baby...I want to see the baby. My grandma who has never wanted anything to do with me wants to see my son! I was so excited, and sad. Sad that it took her having a stroke (6 actually) to bring us back together. My grandmother was an amazing artist, I never knew that she had such a love for the arts...so I wondered what else about her didn't I know? Now I will never know, she pasted away right before Christmas. The family decieded not to have a funeral or a wake, nothing. No way to say goodbye... I didn't even know that it bothered me as much as it does until I started typing this.

The week before Christmas my loving husband totalled his car, by missing a turn he takes everyday and running into a fence. He was not hurt, but we were down to 1 car. No big deal...I stay at home anyways, I can just wait to go out till he gets home from work. We are still waiting for the check from the insurance to buy a new car...just waiting, it's not like we have to have a 2nd car right away...that was until today.

The oil light came on in my car, so my husband changes the oil. But the light stays on...hummm. So I call my mom, she has the same car, maybe she has had this problem. She has, it was just a sensor that needed to be reset. Again no biggie, take it up to the oil change place and vola...it will be fixed. So my husband goes to run it in and the engine dies, stops dead, do not pass go do not collect $200. This can't be happening! But it is. So we call our mechanic, his first thought without actually looking at it is....the engine is seized. So what do you do for that....drum roll please.......................
Nothing, you need a new engine! What you have to be kidding...So we had it towed to the dealership where we bought it and we are awaiting their diagnois, hopefully it will be better than the last.

If that wasn't bad enough, we are short for our morgage again and every other bill we are trying to pay on time. But we got good news my husband got a 5% raise! That's great it's just enough to cover the insurance premiums that went up! Yeah us!

Like I said one thing after another around here...

So if you are having similar problems I totally understand your worries and frame of mind...but I just look at all this and think, God must have something really special in store to have me going through all this. And I look to Jeremiah 29:11 for my strenght...

11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

No comments: