Friday, September 14, 2007

My Weekend Project

Last weekend I had the opportunity to paint a mural, something I have not done in a really long time. It was a simple project for a nursery, the theme was TRANSPORTATION and she (my client) just wanted something in each of the corners. Here are some pics of the final work.








I think it came out pretty cool myself, but I have to tell you some interesting things about this mural painting. First off, I am deathly scared of heights!!! The thought of climbing ladders gives me the chills! So to paint these murals atop a ladder was a big step for me. I agreed mostly because I didn't realize I would atop this ladder for 8 hours!! I also didn't realize that I would have to paint around the furniture that was in the room, I figured I could move it around. But alas that would have been too easy, no they already had the furniture attached to walls , makes sense since this is a nursery (don't want it coming down on baby). So that wonderful train you see pictured above was painted around the changing table that had a hutch attached to it! Oh well all in all it looks good and they loved it so that is what matters. Enjoy and let me know what you think!


3 comments:

Kirsten said...

It's wonderful!

Jodi @ Happy House Quilts said...

You are amazing! Wow how'd you do that with a baby always around...the only time i get anything done is at nap time and it appears you are painting in the baby's room? wow! Jodi

ArtfulStory said...

Thanks, I owe it to my husband! He is amazing and I could not do everything I do without his help. That and I do things at night while everyone else is sleeping! :) As for the painting, it was at someone else's house. They hired me to paint their nursery. They have an 8 week old who is just adorable. I was happy to help them!