Monday, February 18, 2008

New Art, Looking for New Venue and Others Tales from an Artist

Well I have really been doing quite well at making new art this year. I have done one show already this year and have gotten a great responce to my latest creations. Here are a few more for your viewing pleasure!






In other news, I am no longer at Brownstone Village. They decieded to make some changes in how they collected rent and such and I just couldn't see spending the amount of money they were asking. It's ok, it's actually a blessing - it was getting hard to get over there and make changes to my booth since we only have one car at the moment. So I am currently looking for a new venue to house my art. If you know of any places in the DWF area that are a great place to show off handmade goods such as mine, please share here or email me.

And lastly I wanted to share with you one of my latest custom orders. I have been working on some wedding invitations for a wonderful couple in Chaicago. The picture you see below was actually the first round draft, when I get the final ones printed I will repost so you can see the changes - Altough there were very few.



I love weddings. Every one of them is different, and you really get to see the personalities of the bride and groom come out. I love doing custom work on invitations - because it's really about them and who they are, not what they can find that is close. If you know someone getting married let them know that they can get custom invitations for just about the same price as what they find in those giant books of predesigned invitations. If you are interested in prices or how the design process works let me know.

No comments: