Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Freelance: Trade As One

It has been another crazy week around here, with no end in site. I am planning a huge Block Party (aka Quilting Bee) in October for the ministry that I started called Safe Blankets. We are partnering with Willow Creek Community Church's North Shore Campus for a day in which they are asking their congregation to "Just Serve" the community around them. There will be about 10 different places that they can volunteer at and Safe Blankets is going to be one of them!

Of course life is never that easy, by having just 1 iron in the fire, I also have my freelance that has picked up tremendously (which I love), which includes businesses, brides and new mothers, plus my son just started preschool! And of course I have been asked about teaching in more than one venue the Spiritual Art Journaling class that I just taught at Believers' Fellowship.




But while I had a free moment I did what to share with you some of the freelance work that I have been working on over the past couple months. All of these items I did for Trade As One, a fair trade company. Their mission statement as it all: Our mission is to use fair trade to promote sustainable business and break cycles of poverty and dependency in the developing world. We all have a conscience. We want to make sure people get the chance to use it when they shop.



They are an amazing group of people with hearts so big! I have enjoyed every moment of working with them, and I don't intend to stop anytime time soon. If you a chance take a look at their website they have a store right there so you can buy online or you can become a Fair Trader which is an advocate for fair trade, where you can host a party and educate people about the importance of fair trade. There are many other ways to get involved too so check out their site and learn more about their passion.

1 comment:

Vickie said...

Love the buttons!!!! :-)